- Cafeteria Weekly Menu
- Chinese Department
- ECA Handbook
- English Language Center
- GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
- House System
- Message From the Headmaster
- Middle School
- Parents & Friends Association
- primary Handbook
- Secondary After School Activities
- Service Committee
- Student Events
- TedaIS in the News
- TIS Bulletin
- TIS Calendar
- TRAINING & OUTREACH
- Cafeteria weekly Menu 11.11-11.15
- Pre-Kindergarten weekly Menu 11.11-11.15
- Grade 2 Field Trip
- PFA Teacher Appreciation Day
- Weekly Bulletin 13– November 6 2019
- TRICK OR TREAT IN PRE-KINDERGARTEN AND KINDERGARTEN
- Intelligent cruise control
- Weekly Bulletin 12– October 30 2019
- Weekly Bulletin 11– October 23 2019
- TGA Grade 5 Visits the Maritime Silk Road Exhibit
- Weekly Bulletin 10– October 16 2019
- Weekly Bulletin 09– October 10 2019
- Secondary Math Challenge
- OPEN DAY IN PRE-KINDERGARTEN
- Exploring Shapes in PK3/4 C
- Students of the Month in Math
- Book Character Dress-up Day 2019
- Secondary Math Challenge
- Reading Buddies @ TGA
- Weekly Bulletin 08– September 25 2019
- Parent Workshop and Cozy Reading
- Walkathon 2019
- Former Students talk to TGA’s AP Calculus Class
- Secondary WWW Packing Lists
- Weekly Bulletin 07– September 18 2019
- PFA FAMILY PICNIC DAY
- TGA Mid-autumn Festival Celebration
- Mid-Autumn Festival Math Challenge Problem
- Weekly Bulletin 06– September 11 2019
- Teacher Appreciation Day at TGA
Last week’s challenge was solved by Grade 6’s Alice. This week’s challenge is a probability question that requires some real abstract thinking. First two students who answer correctly and explain their answer to Mr. Troutman will receive 30 T-bucks. Good luck!
Our Pre-Kindergarten Open Days are wonderful opportunities for you to spend time with your child in their preschool setting. They offer you the opportunity to explore the center yourself, to see your child enjoying spending time in the center and for them to showcase some of their learning activities with you. Open Days provide opportunities for families to gain a deeper, more interactive understanding of our approach in early childhood education. Thank you to all the parents and caregivers who joined us for today’s Open Day activities.
Shapes play an important role in helping children categorize things around them. Understanding shapes is an important concept in learning Math, Science, and Reading. In discovering shapes, children observe what is the same and different and this allows them to compare objects.
The children in PK3/4 C enjoyed identifying, comparing and choosing their preferred shapes during our different shape activities. During our kite making activity, the children chose the shape they preferred to use to make a kite. After decorating them, they took their kites out to fly on a windy day. The children also had fun in hunting for different shapes in the playground. They pointed to different shapes that they recognized and moved eagerly from one place to another in search of more shapes.
The secondary math department gives two awards to middle school and two awards to high school. The two awards are the Archimedes Excellence Award and the Leibniz Inspiration Award.
Congratulations to our winners in September:
High School Leibniz Inspiration Award: Li Yi Han (Jessica), Grade 11
High School Archimedes Excellence Award: Yang Jia Chen (Peter), Grade 12
Middle School Leibniz Inspiration Award: Daniel Gardner, Grade 8
Middle School Archimedes Excellence Award: Jaewon Ahn, Grade 8
Did you spot some Grouchy Ladybugs and Dr. Seuss book characters at school today? Primary School students and teachers participated in Book Character Dress-up Day during Day 4 of I Love Reading Week. They dressed up as their favorite book character, showcasing their creative costumes and love of reading! Everyone surely brought their favorite book characters come to life. Everyone had a blast!
This week’s challenge will prove very difficult for students. It is based on number theory and advanced mathematics. The answer to last week’s special Mid-Autumn Festival challenge is to use two cuts to form a “+” through the cake and the turn the cake on it’s side and cut through the middle. Last week’s winners were Ronnie (Grade 12), Angel (Grade 9) and Alice (Grade 6).
Now on its second year, TGA students participated in “Reading Buddies” during Day 3 of I Love Reading Week. It is an activity designed to foster a love of reading among all members of the school community and to connect younger and older students together. The secondary students read books to primary students in various locations around the school, aiming to help their buddies gain confidence in reading.