The 3 + 1 Fast Track Diploma Program is a unique program offered at Teda International School which will allow highly capable students to accomplish the following, all in only three years.
- complete the TIS high school program
- earn the AP International Diploma
- potentially earn a full year of college credit
Students accepted into the program would still complete all required credits in the four core academic content areas (English, Math, Science, and Social Studies) but would be permitted to graduate with fewer elective credits.
Program participants will be selected on criteria that indicate a high potential for success (i.e. high GPA/class ranking, ability to handle a rigorous course load, excellent standardized test scores, desire to attend a competitive university that issues credit based on AP success). Students will apply for the program at the end of their grade 9 year.
Sample Program of Study
- Grade 9 – Regular Program of Study + AP Chinese Language and Culture
- Grade 10 – Regular Program of Study + AP Human Geography & AP Environ Science
- Grade 11 – Regular Program of Study + AP Calculus or Statistics & AP English Language or Lit
Once committed to the program, participants would have to maintain grades of 80% or higher in all classes and earn scores of 3 or above on all AP examinations. Participants failing to meet either of these two fundamental requirements would be removed from the fast track and would be required to complete their high school program with a 4th year of study.
Parents interested in obtaining more information should make an appointment to meet with the Headmaster or Counselor. Students interested in taking part in the 3 + 1 Diploma Program should submit all application materials to the Headmaster’s office by no later than May 15.